|Admission Prices||Online Price||Standard Price|
|Adult (16+ years)||£13.06 | £14.39*||£13.75 | £15.15*|
|Child (3-15 years) | Student (valid ID)||£9.83 | £10.83*||£10.35 | £11.40*|
|Seniors (60+ years)||£11.54 | £12.73*||£12.15 | £13.40*|
|Family (2 ad & 2 ch or 1 ad & 3 ch)||£41.13 | £45.26*||£43.30 | £47.65*|
|Under 3 | Wheelchair Users **||FREE||FREE|
|Disabled*** | Carer****||£7.26||£7.65|
* Price including Gift Aid donation. More pricing information can be found here
T: 01492 532938
Old Highway, Colwyn Bay, Conwy,
North Wales, LL28 5UY
Terms & Conditions
Please note the following points when booking an Animal Experience at the Welsh Mountain Zoo: Availability
- All animal experiences are available every day of the year except for Christmas Day
- We advise all of our visitor wishing to take part in an experience to book as far ahead as possible. We suggest four potential dates are in order for us to better match your requirements. You will receive a standard electronic acknowledgement of your order but the date of your booking is not confirmed until you receive your confirmation pack in the post.
- Please advise at time of booking if anyone taking part has additional requirements including a disability, pregnancy, diet or immuno suppression which may require an experience to be varied or changed. We will accommodate anyone to the best of our ability.
- The Welsh Mountain Zoo does not allow pregnant women to take part in an animal experience without first seeking advice from their doctor. Proof of this will be required.
- Bookings must be made and experience taken within one year of the date of purchase. This means for gift purchases, if the date has been left open by the purchaser the gift recipient has 12 months to contact the Zoo and attend the experience.
- All encounters are private and these will not be shared with any other persons.
- All participants under the age of 16yrs must be supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18yrs old throughout their experience and visit.
- We are committed to safe guarding and the protection of children and vulnerable adults whilst they enjoy their visit around the Welsh Mountain Zoo. As part of the Welsh Mountain Zoo’s safeguarding policy, the Zoo as the employer, along with our employees, make a commitment to safeguarding young people’s and vulnerable adults welfare. We fully support the current government policy in their goal to protect young people and vulnerable adults; to prevent physical, sexual or emotional abuse. As employers, we do not believe our animal experiences are deemed as regulated activity as governed by the Secretary of State’s statutory guidance on supervision of activity by workers with children. Despite this, the Welsh Mountain Zoo does request that all children under the age of 16 are supervised whilst undertaking animal experiences, as part of our own Safeguarding Policy ensuring adequate supervision at all times.
Cancellations and changes
- Payment will be taken when you make your booking.
- Any rescheduling of your experience 14 days in advance of your experience date will be made free of charge. Only one permitted per booking and must still be taken within the 12 months of purchase of the experience.
- There will be a £10 administration charge to cover administration costs if a booking is rescheduled less than 14 days prior to the experience date originally booked.
- Refunds can only be made to the purchaser, are subject to a £10 administration charge and must be applied for within the first 3 months from date of purchase.
- If in an unforeseen circumstance you are unable to attend your experience and cannot make contact, we will permit one re-arrangement of the experience date free of charge. After this, if you still fail to attend your experience, the cost of the experience will not be refunded and no alternative dates will be offered.
- The Welsh Mountain Zoo reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an experience at any time if necessary. Notice will be given as far in advance as possible.
On the day
- Please wear clothing suitable for working with the animals and for all weathers including long trousers and closed toe shoes such as trainers, walking boots or wellingtons. The Welsh Mountain Zoo reserves the right to refuse those who do not wear suitable clothing without offering a refund.
- The experience is for the recipient/s only and we will allow one or two accompanying guests free of charge as part of the package you have purchased. Any further accompanying guests will have to pay the full admission price.
- The Welsh Mountain Zoo reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the Zoo should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner that is likely to put themselves, staff, other visitors or animals at risk.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required to take part in all experiences.
- Experiences are not suitable for those allergic to dust, animal fur or bedding.
- We will do our best to accommodate late arrivals however this time may be deducted from your experience. Keeper for the Day
- Keeper for the day is available to persons 16 years and over.
- The Welsh Mountain Zoo cannot guarantee that any particular animals will be available to meet during an experience. However, if requested in advance and agreed, we will endeavour to accommodate any special requests to meet specific animals. This is at the Zoo’s discretion.
- The timetable for Keeper for the Day has been devised in order to allow as much time as possible with the keepers whilst not detracting from the running of the Zoo. It is not, therefore, possible to change any of the activities that are on offer.
- There is a minimum age limit for this experience which is 7. All children under the age of 16 MUST be supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18yrs at all times which will not have to take part in the encounter.
Experience Gift Vouchers
- Please note that all gift vouchers are not refundable for cash.
- The Welsh Mountain Zoo is under no liability to replace or refund vouchers that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whether they have been redeemed or not.
- Vouchers re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain will be void.
- All gift vouchers are redeemable only at the Welsh Mountain Zoo.
- All experience gift vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase.
- The data you supply will only be used for the purpose intended and not passed to any third parties.